AH, THE INTERNET. What was life like before it, eh? Pretty boring and with a distinct lack of cat videos, that’s for sure.
This year marks the 30th birthday of the modern-day internet, thanks to the invention of the TCP/IP protocol (we’re not sure what it means either but we’re hoping it stands for ‘Total Cat Performance’).
So in honour of this big year, we thought we would take a look at the many things we simply wouldn’t have without the internet.
Without the internet, we wouldn’t…
1. Have this existential cat video
2. Be mesmerised by this Obama/Beyonce gif
3. Be able to watch this video over and over and over again
4. See these lads mooning on Google Street View
5. Be astounded by incredibly elaborate lip-dub wedding proposals
6. Have fallen in love with Boo
7. Watch videos of Japanese cats
8. Sneer at rich people showing off
9. Find out whatever happened to the original members of pop bands
10. Know how many people spell the world ‘cologne’ wrong
11. Ask stupid questions and get back stupid answers
12. Get Rickrolled by Rick Astley
13. Get a response like this from a politician
14. Watch lots and lots of compilations of people making eejits of themselves
15. Be able to watch the Den without hunting for old video tapes
16. Find out there are people who sell dead squirrels riding snakes
17. Have this amazing film
What else wouldn’t we have without the internet?