1. Wilton Castle, Enniscorthy
This seven bedroom, 19th century pile of bricks will set you back around €1000 a night.
2. 16th Century Medieval Townhouse, Kilkenny
It took 25 years to restore this place to its former glory. Will set you back €1300 a night.
3. Killaghy Castle, Tipperary
9 bedrooms and 16 guests. Will set you back €1200 a night.
4. Lisnavagh House, Rathvilly Carlow
€1200 a night will get you seven bedrooms here.
5. Ross Castle, Oldcastle, Meath
A relative bargain at €554 per night. It has six beds and 12 guests are welcome here.
6. Ross Castle, Moycullen, Galway
The St George wing is tacked onto Ross Castle and takes up to 12 guests. It will set you back €599 a night.
7. Lismacue House, Bansha, Tipperary
A handsome €1250 a night for five bedrooms. It boasts a lime avenue dating back to 1760. So now.
8. Durhamstown, Meath
You can have your meals cooked for you at this eight bedroom castle, and they have their own banquet hall. It’s €1250 a night.
*prices are subject to change and were calculated for the period over New Year 2016.