GETTING BACK TO reality after a glorious three-day weekend can be an absolute pain so if there’s one thing you’re probably in dire need of it’s a bit of a giggle.
Here are 14 deeply unfortunate foreign words for everyday things that will give you a gloriously juvenile laugh.
WARNING: Some may not be suitable for sensitive eyes and ears.
1. The Swedish word for Chef
2. And resulting name for MasterChef Sweden
3. How the Danes describe stretches of road where speed will be monitored
4. The Swedish word for exit
5. The French word for seal
6. The words Americans choose when offering someone a lift
7. Germany’s term for a motorway exit
8. What they call whipped cream in the Netherlands
9. The last stop on a Swedish train or bus line
10. Which also happens to share similarities with the way in which Swedes refer to a sale
11. The name of this old Danish chain of private centres for the hearing impaired
12. What you’ll need to ask for when looking for a Thai pumpkin
13. The way in which Germans refer to garlic
14. And finally, the American name for this fashion accessory