THE BIG WINNERS of the Grammys last night were Kendrick Lamar and Taylor Swift, with the latter becoming the first woman ever to win Album of the Year twice.
Here are ten moments from the ceremony you might have missed:
1. Lady Gaga performed an unbelievable Bowie tribute
Sporting dyed orange hair, Gaga expertly flew through a sizeable amount of Bowie’s back catalogue, even bringingย Niles Rogers out to play Let’s Dance and Heroes.
2. Adele had to deal with some dodgy sound issues
During her performance of All I Ask, a piano mic fell on the strings, resulting in an out of key, guitar-like sound. Her response was awesome though:
That’s our girl.
3. Rihanna cancelled her performance at the very last minute
A rep for Rihanna said that doctors put her on vocal rest as she was “at risk of hemorrhaging her vocal cords”.
4. This gal looked seriously ticked off all the way through Taylor Swift’s Album of the Year speech
She’s Tori Kelly, a singer songwriter nominated for Best New Artist this year. Maybe she thought Kendrick Lamar should have won? IDK.
5. Gwen Stefani went on her snot during her live music video
Look, it would have been a surprise if she didn’t, given she was going backwards on roller skates:
But people are still speculating that the spill was MEANT to happen, and the falling woman was a body double. Stefani truthers!
6. Kendrick Lamar honoured Trayvon Martin with his performance
After winning five Grammys, Lamar performed a medley of his songs including The Blacker the Berry and Alright – he began the performance chained in a prison block, and ended it with a new verse about Trayvon Martin: “On February 26th I lost my life, too.”
7. LOOK at this woman trying to sneak a pic of Taylor Swift
Can’t see the gif? Click here.
There she is to the left of the gif in a brown top, holding a teeny weeny and totally inconspicuous red phone. Smooth.
8. The fashion was, as always, bonkers
Something about the Grammys brings out the ‘experimental’ side of people.
Even Queen Taylor herself went a bit off the rails, style-wise:
Like a pink, caped nappy. We can’t lie.
9. Zendaya had a full on mullet
She’s somehow working it, though.
10. And Johnny Depp performed with Alice Cooper
They’re in a band called Hollywood Vampires. Who knew?