BEAUTY BLENDERS, REAL or otherwise, are an absolute b*llacks to clean.
You can’t exactly just wipe it with a makeup wipe and be done with it, in the way that you can with a brush? (Not that DailyEdge condones doing that regularly – deep cleaning is the way of the Lord).
What’s a gal to do when you desperately need to bake but your sponges are actually too grimey for use?
Giving your sponges a thorough clean is actually easy though, and guaranteed you’ll have all the things you need to do it in your gaff already.
You will need:
- Washing up liquid/baby shampoo/liquid brush cleaner – literally, any of them will work
- A microwave
- A microwave-safe mug
- Some nasty ass sponges
Here’s how you do it:
1. Put some of whatever you’re using to clean the sponges (let’s say, washing up liquid) into the mug. Half-fill the mug with water, then place your sponge in the mug. (Only put in one sponge per mug!)
2. Put the mug in the microwave on full for 1 (one) minute.
3. Take the mug out of the microwave and squeeze the water out of the sponge THOUGH BE CAREFUL BECAUSE THE WATER WILL OBVIOUSLY BE HOT. You may leave it stand for a little bit.
4. If it’s still a bit manky and stained, it’s worth repeating the process a few times.
It’ll be like you have a brand spanking new sponge. Magic.
If you’d like a real life-demo, check out our Instagram Story highlights where we’ll be bringing you through the process!