OH MASCARA. Why must you make it so hard to love you?
1. Having to sneeze straight after you put it on
2. And ending up like this, no matter how many preventative measures you take
3. Absent-mindedly rubbing your eyes and coming away with fistfuls of it
4. Reading that you should be throwing it out after three months
*nervously glances at year-old tube*
5. ‘Waterproof’ mascara. LOL
The first sniff of moisture and it’s flaking off, But when you go to actually remove it? Nah, it’s staying put.
6. Getting taken in by fancy new wands and formulas…
“This one has a brush like a miniature comb, and the formula promises to lift, separate, and volumise my lashes AND ensure my future children get 600 points in the Leaving Cert.”
7. …But ultimately realising that most of them do the same thing
AFTER you’ve spent your precious euros, mind.
8. Mascara face
Every girl has one.
9. Jerking your hand and ending up with ‘the dot’
Ah it’s grand, I didn’t like the makeup on that particular part of my nose anyway.
10. Spending ages doing your eyeshadow, then managing to smear mascara all over it
Honestly, how dare you.
11. Overdoing it and ending up with about four lashes
Four long, thick, voluminous lashes, but still.
12. Putting on your glasses straight after applying
13. Carefully removing every last bit of it, but STILL waking up like this
Where does it hide? We could have sworn there was nothing left!
14. But you still wouldn’t think of going without it
It makes your face feel like your face. We’re just going to have to put up with the many downsides.
DailyEdge is on Snapchat! Tap the button below to add!