1. “I won’t be in the exam hall with you in June, lads.”
Said by many an exasperated teacher.
2.”Pull up them socks.”
God help you if you were wearing a pair of fally-downy knee socks that day.
3. “Tomorrow is the LAST day to bring back your sponsored walk cards.”
See also: the dreaded insurance money that you never brought back on time.
4. “I have a very special job for someone.”
Special job = wheeling the television over from the utility closet.
5. “Are you going to let the rest of the class in on the joke?”
6. “You should have gone to the toilet in between classes.”
I DIDN’T NEED TO GO TO THEN.
7. “There’s only 15 minutes left. You can wait until the end.”
NO, I REALLY NEED TO GO NOW.
8. “Is it an emergency?”
Code for: “Are you actually going to wee yourself in my classroom?” (The correct answer is always yes. Even if you really just want to go for a stroll.)
9. Don’t come in here tomorrow if you don’t have your exam papers.
One day later: “Fine, look in with Sean.”
10. “Watch the news on TG4 — it’ll help you with your Irish aural!”
“I will, yeah.”
11. “Stop packing up your bags, there are still 2 minutes left.”
12. “NO RUNNING IN THE CORRIDOR!”
BUT I’M GOING TO BE LATE FOR CLASS IF I *DON’T* RUN.
13. “Tuck your shirt in.”
Ugh, you’re such a SQUARE, Miss.
Whenever someone so much as coughed during a test.
15. “Can I go to the toilet?” “I’m sure you can.”
Ha, ha, ha. Very funny.
DailyEdge is on Snapchat! Tap the button below to add!