1. The stairs up to the place was an Everest of a climb that you were never in the mood for
2. When you entered, taking a left you brought you to the bar area with the weird circular leather seats
Square stools as far as the eye could see, too.
3. And swinging a left took you into the vast dancefloor area
4. Tripod was the one of the only places you knew that served “burn” with vodka as a Red Bull replacement
“Two vodka burns please”
You didn’t even question what it was.
5. But they also had Shark to go with it when they were out of Burn
No Red Bull allowed. Ever.
6. There were odd little white couches dotted on the edge the dancefloor for some reason
Like, you could just sit on the dancefloor watching.
7. The smoking area was shared with Crawdaddy and was a massive complex featuring picnic tables and serious craic
With dodgy enough barriers.
8. Everyone claimed to be at THAT LCD Soundsystem gig in 2007
The place couldn’t hold that many people.
9. In fact everyone had seen *somebody* “epic” play at Tripod down the years
10. At some point, you would have seen a morto celeb knocking around the place
They probably weren’t drinking vodka burns in fairness.
11. And finally… Aprile was the only post-Tripod chipper destination worth knowing
And it’s still there.
Sadly, though, Tripod is not – and we miss it every day. Good times.