DailyEdge.ie rounds up the TV shows that you’ll be tweeting about tonight and talking about tomorrow.
First Dates Ireland (RTÉ 2, 9.30pm)
What else would you be watching on a Tuesday evening? Tonight on First Dates, more hopeful romantics enter the restaurant, including two true blue Dubs named Pat and Maureen who seem to fall in love at first sight, as well as a drummer named Michael who’s very keen on his date Jessie, who is a self-proclaimed feminist who is obsessed with romance.
Seven Year Switch (Channel 4, 9.15pm)
Rachel and Tom, Nikki and Simon, Gemma and Tony and Michelle and George comprise the four couples who are trying to saving their failing relationships by switching partners. They’re given a new husband or wife, to see if spending time with another person, away from their partner, can solve their relationship problems. All while under the supervision of a relationship therapist.
Stetsons and Stilettos (RTÉ One, 7pm)
This series has a look at the world of Irish country music and the thousands of young singles who head out to festivals dedicated to country music and romance, because the wifi is so bad out in the sticks that they’ve no choice but to meet potential suitors in real life. These people take dancing and country music very seriously. So seriously, that one couple have decided to have their wedding at the festival, while others propose in the audience.
The Great Celebrity Bake Off for Stand Up to Cancer (Channel 4, 8pm)
Spandeau Ballet’s Martin Kemp joins Harry Hill, Roisin Conaty and broadcaster Bill Turnbull to take part in the charity contest. Will they be able to impress Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith? We’ll see.
Everybody’s talking about… Saoirse Ronan’s dad joining the cast of Fair City tonight.
Paul Ronan is joining the cast of Fair City as Hayley’s father Anto tonight. He has previously appeared in Love/Hate, Ballykissangel, Striking Out and The Tudors. You can read all about it here. Not sure if there are any Oscars on offer for Fair City.
Or flick over for…
- UEFA Champions League Live (TV3, 7.30pm) Paris Saint-Germain v Real Madrid, with match analysis from Graeme Souness, Brian Kerr and Neil Lennon.
- Back in Time for Tea (BBC Two, 8pm) Once again, the Ellis family go back on an adventure to look at life in the past. Tonight they look at how simple technology like the telephone, the chest freezer and the toastie maker changed the 80s.
- Walks with My Dog (More 4, 5.55pm) Celebrities go for a stroll with their dogs. Tonight actor Angela Griffin heads out with her pet Cavapoo Smith.
- Home of the Year (RTÉ One, 8.30pm) Tonight the judges head to Dublin and Waterford.
- Amazing Hotels: Life Beyond the Lobby (BBC 2, 9pm) In tonight’s second episode, the crew travel to Oman to see the highest five-star hotel in the Middle East, built to resemble an ancient Omani fort, 2,000 metres above sea-level.
- Divorce (Sky Atlantic, 10.10pm) The series for those on team Sarah Jessica Parker continues tonight.