HELLO, AND WELCOME to the 43rd day of January. Oh what? There have only been the standard 31 days? Well you could have fooled us.
We’re more than ready for this stinking month to be over, and so is the rest of the world. Enough we say! Enough!
1. Every morning this week, we have awoken baffled that it is still January
No thank you!
2. There have actually been FIVE Mondays this month, adding to our misery
“The first one was New Year’s Day,” we hear you cry. Some of us *work* New Year’s Day, Fintan.
3. We had to wait so long to get paid, and now it’s so long since we got paid
Well, maybe it was just last week. But how are we to be sure, really, since time has been betraying us.
4. Like really, the whole of January should be considered overtime
5. SO much has happened this year
The US government shut down! Hawaii freaked out! Ireland confirmed a referendum on the 8th Amendment! All this month.
6. But yet it’s somehow only been four weeks
6. We just want February to come so we can actually start our New Year’s resolutions
January is just a dry run! Everybody knows that February is when the real work begins.
7. We’ve forgotten why Dry January is supposed to be good
A glass of wine would be IDEAL.
8. Basically, we’re living today like we’re Jean Valjean
This never ending road to Calvaryyy.
9. And wondering if it might be appropriate to do a New Month countdown
11. Even though it’s a bit of a double-edged sword…
11. We are more than ready to make that sacrifice
May your February be as pleasant as it is possible for a February to be. We did it kids.