1. Let’s start off simple. Look at the middle of this perfectly normal square, rotating.
2. Now look at this chessboard. The squares marked A and B are exactly the same colour.
(Click here for an image that demonstrates this.)
3. Which of these buildings do you immediately think is in front of the other one?
Now look more closely.
4. Stare at the centre of this image. One by one, the purple dots will disappear.
5. Still with us? Great! Just do what it says.
6. For a little break, here are four perfectly round circles.
7. OK, let’s get weird. Look at this picture for 30 seconds. Then quickly look at the palm of your hand.
8. Maybe cast your eyes over this perfectly static, non moving image?
9. Fine, no more swirly lines for a little while. Let’s just watch a video, shall we?Source: brusspup/YouTube
10. Or a nice simple GIF?
11. Time for a power trip. Change the direction of this speeding train with your mind!
12. And let’s see what else your mind can do. Turn celebrities into monsters, perhaps?
13. Whoa, that was intense. Let’s do something simple again. Like this!
14. Anyone whose brain hasn’t dribbled out their ears yet will be able to see that the blue and green spirals are exactly the same colour.
15. And that all the lines in this piece are perfectly parallel and horizontal.
16. Cool! We’re getting pretty good at this. One final question. Which way is the middle dancer turning?
Now, go enjoy your evening. We know how you feel.