IF ONLY YOU remembered your schoolwork as well as you remember these ads, eh?
1. UTV’s Get Active adsSource: scblack/YouTube
If you had ‘the channels’, you most certainly saw this ad (and its cousin, the ‘go biking’ ad) pop up from time to time on UTV. Maybe later on in life you thought you’d dreamed it up. Well, you didn’t. It’s here.
2. Milk – It Does A Body GoodSource: bjhagan/YouTube
She likes milk and it shows… Strong healthybooo-ooones!
3. Hellman’s mayonnaise
It’s sadly quite difficult to find the full version of the marvellous Hellman’s jingle online, but if you haven’t roared “Foodtastesbetterwhenyouputitalltogetherwiththe WORLD’S GREAT MAYONNAAAAISE!” have you even lived?
4. AmbrosiaSource: malcolm green/YouTube
To this day, most 90s kids cannot hear Go West without singing “Oooh ARRRR! It’s Ambrosia!”
5. Them bones, them bones need calciumSource: kazimann/YouTube
What can we say? The milk lobby knew how to write a catchy tune.
6. WinegumsSource: theredrodian/YouTube
HOOTS MON THERE’S JUICE. LOOSE. ABOOT THIS HOOSE.
7. Kellogg’s Fruit and FibreSource: xPerfecTStorM89/YouTube
Think about all the children going around singing “Hey Mr Kellogg’s man, gimme your banana” in the 90s. Because there were many of them.
8. BN BNSource: 90sconfessions/YouTube
The Muppets’ Mahna Mahna, reimagined for biscuit-hungry children.
FOOTBALL CRAZY, CHOCOLATE MAD. GRAB A POWER POD AND PLAY FOOTBALL WITH THE LADS.
10. And Weetabix’s take on I Will SurviveSource: jamawillcome/YouTube
Sure you thought you knew I Will Survive, but which lyrics come to you first when you think of the song? “I’ve got four more tests to do, seems like they haven’t got a clue…”