RYAN GOSLING. THIS is Your Life.
You were born on 12 November 1980 in Ontario, Canada.
1. Your mother Donna encouraged your singing and dancing talents, along with your sister Mandi, leading to early performances like this one, at a Mormon talent show (oh yeah, you’re a Mormon):
You’re gonna wanna stay tuned for the dancing at around 0.30, and the dancing at around 0.38
2. At the age of 12 you became a Mouskateer at the Mickey Mouse Club and moved to Florida where you worked alongside Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera:
There you are with Justin Timberlake. You grow up to be way cooler than him.
3. You also performed boyband-tastic ballads and made faces like this:
4. At the age of 18 you moved to New Zealand you star in Young Hercules “Half God, Half Man”, which, frankly, looks a bit crap:
5. At 19 you decided to become a serious actor, and got your first big break with an acclaimed performance in The Believer. You went on to star in Murder by NUmbers and The United States of Leland. You went out with Sandra Bullock for a while:
(Anthony Harvey/PA Archive/Press Association Images)
6. It was 2004’s The Notebook that changed everything though. Sigh…
You went out with co-star Rachel McAdams for a while, describing her as “one of the great loves of your life”:
There you are, lobbing the gob (Anthony Harvey/PA Archive/Press Association Images)
7. You were nominated for an Oscar for your performance in Half Nelson and for a Golden Globe for Lars and the Real Girl, in which you fell in love with a sex doll:
8. You went on to star with Michelle Williams in Blue Valentine and in your first action film Drive. It has a killer soundtrack:
9. You now have your own meme:
10. You’re going out with Eva Mendes:
“Dude. Stop looking at my woman” (AP Photo/The Canadian Press, Frank Gunn)
11. You can still sing. And boy can you wear a suit:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY. SORRY WE FORGOT IT WAS YESTERDAY!