OUR VERY OWN Lenny Abrahamson is nominated for the Best Director Oscar tonight, and the clock is ticking.
He has to win.
1. He’s the underdog
Nobody even expected him to be nominated, nevermind win. That’s why if he wins it will be all the more BRILLIANT.
2. He comes from Dublin and studied Theoretical Physics in Trinity
Trinners for winners, it’s written in the stars.
3. He gave us Adam and Paul
Aka the favourite movie of your secondary school crush.
4. He’s nominated for his film based on an amazing Irish book
Written by an Irish born author, Emma Donoghue. We’re just about to burst into patriotic mini tricolour confetti over here.
5. Without him, Frank may not exist
AND THIS SONG.
I love you alll.
6. It’s about time we had an Irish Best Director
Poor Jim Sheridan couldn’t bag one of his six nominations :(
7. Basically, Lenny has to win
Imagine the scenes on Camden street.It’ll be like Italia 90 all over again.
8. If nothing else, to keep up his Twitter brilliance
Hey, if it’s good enough for the fonze, it’s good enough for us.
DailyEdge is on Snapchat! Tap the button below to add!