SURE, THEY CAN send an emoji and like each others Instagrams, but they will never do any of this…
1. Throwing notes across the classroom
Nothing beats the thrill of chucking a note across the classroom as the teacher turns their back.
So daring, so thrilling, and the beginning of many a teen romance.
2. Signing in and out of MSN messenger
During the peak noughties MSN phase, every kid made it their business to add their crush on the messenger. Then it was all about racing home and beginning the process of signing in and out so they would be alerted that you were online, and immediately proclaim their love for you.
3. Writing to them, then saying sorry, wrong screen
A CLASSIC move, which can still be done to this day with Facebook. It was just so more acceptable with a Nudge on MSN, though.
Your hand slipped, ok.
4. Writing their name in hearts on your school bag and tin pencil case with Tippex
Say it LOUD, say it PROUD.
5. Making them a mix tape
You would have to spend ages standing by the radio to get the songs you wanted to add, as well as having the ability to perfectly avoid any voices interrupting the songs.
6. Writing wb x at the end of each text
That way they knew you wanted them to reply to you, duh.
7. Leaving them a heart on Bebo
You only had three a day, for God’s sake. This was the equivalent of getting down on one knee.
8. Prank calling their house
It happened all the time. A group would get together, open the phonebook, and try to guess their crush’s parents name and address. “IS JOHN THERE?”
No, because it was the wrong house, again.
9. Doing FLAMES and sending it to them
LOOK, we are 80 percent lovers, deal with it Craig.
DailyEdge is on Snapchat! Tap the button below to add!