THE WORLD LEARNED this afternoon that Rik Mayall has died at the age of 56.
Here are some of his most wonderful, unique, stomach-achingly funny moments as a comedian.
1. Rik Mayall reads ‘poetry’ as a young standup
If you’re not into poetry you’ve come to the wrong place.
2. Richie deals with the gas man on Bottom
IT’S THE GAS MAN. THE GAS MAN.
3. Rick plays ‘Hands Up Who Likes Me’ in The Young Ones
“Rick is dead! The People’s Poet is dead!”
4. The imaginary friends scene in Drop Dead Fred
Still as relevant as ever.
5. Lord Flashheart visits the troops in Blackadder Goes Forth
MY GOD. “Yes, I suppose I am.”
RIP Rik Mayall. Thanks for everything.