ACTOR ALAN RICKMAN has died at the age 69.
The sad news of his death from cancer has shocked many who grew up with his movies, and in particular his villainous turns.
Here are some of his most chilling lines…
As Hans Gruber in Die Hard
1. When he dropped the Mr Takagi news
2. Any time he was growling menacingly into that walkie talkie. Like this…
3. And this…
As Snape in Harry Potter
4. When he summed up the cruel reality of life
5. When he delivered the perfect “obviously”
As the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
6. When he was FUMING at Kevin Costner
Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it’s DULL, you twit. It’ll hurt more
7. Just look at that snarl
As Harry in Love Actually
8. When he made the glad eyes at Mia
9. And then delivered the fateful blow to Emma Thompson
My brilliant wife.
As Dev in Michael Collins
10. Whatever your views on DeValera, Rickman’s Dev wasn’t the most pleasant of characters. Like three minutes in here…
I and my deputies are going to leave this house.
RIP Alan Rickman.