IT WOULDN’T BE Oscar night without Ryan Seacrest and Giuiliana Rancic, and tonight they didn’t disappoint.
Here are some of the most glorious moments from tonight’s Oscar red carpet.
1. Ryan Seacrest and Giuliana Rancic celebrated their 10th work anniversary
As they waited for celebrities to arrive, Ryan and Giuliana reminisced on their ten-year relationship with Ryan remarking that it was his longest relationship.
He then gifted her a locket with a photo of his own face inside.
And we all said a prayer that someone famous would arrive soon.
2. Ryan Seacrest made Sam Smith a cup of tea… and Sam walked the carpet with the cup
Smith is a known tea aficionado, and so Seacrest decided to make him feel at home by presenting him with a fancy cup of tea. How very English.
Smith asked if it was made with “British milk” and Seacrest assured him that not only was it the real deal, but there had been “conference calls” about sourcing the milk. Alright, Ryan.
Smith’s verdict on the tea? Strong, but he still took the cup with him.
3. Jacob Tremblay charmed the pants off everyone again
Ryan: “How are the Oscars from your perspective?”
Jacob Tremblay: “Well, I see a lot of legs.”
4. The first Oscar surprise of the night? Whoopi Goldberg’s gigantic shoulder tattoo
She also wore some interesting octopus-centric jewellery.
5. Saoirse Ronan acted the messer on the red carpet
And reminded us all of why she’s such a giant legend <3
She also made Americans swoon with her accent.
6. They spent 10 minutes talking about Tilda Swinton’s outfit… but it wasn’t Tilda Swinton
This is costume designer Sandy Powell. Doesn’t she look fab/Bowie-esque?
Giuliana Rancic, Kris Jenner and Ashley Graham thought so, too, and spent a solid 10 minutes talking about how well she looked.
This is what she loves to do. It’s so interesting. I wish I had the nerve to keep changing my hair like that.
Only problem? They thought she was Tilda Swinton. The panel saw a photo of Powell from behind and proceeded to wax lyrical about Swinton’s style and dedication to fashion for an eternity.
You had one job, guys.
7. Ryan Seacrest accidentally smashed a cookie with Bryan Cranston’s face on it
Bryan Cranston brought along a special cookie with his face on it…
And Ryan IMMEDIATELY dropped it, because of course.
The look of heartbreak </3
For shame, Ryan.
DailyEdge is on Snapchat! Tap the button below to add!