WHAT’S THE ONE problem that’s been plaguing people up and down the land for the past few days of unprecedented Irish summer?
Nope, it’s not “what will I wear?” or “will I get away with calling in sick?” or even “do I need to shave?”.
Leaving it closed means you’re likely to wake up every 27 minutes stuck to your pillow/other half.
Leaving it open means anything that wants to can get in… noise, flies, moths… and Daddy Long Legs.
Here’s why they’re to be feared:
1. Come out, come out wherever you are
You know they’re there, because you can hear them crashing around.
But where exactly are they? And how close to your face are they?
2. They are essentially flying spiders
Think about it. FLYING SPIDERS.
Okay, they’re not spiders, but still.
Image of a Harvestman (known as a Daddy Long Legs in USA and Canada) Shutterstock.com
3. Where there is one, more will follow
Even if you close the window after the first one makes an appearance, more will find their way in, somehow.
HOW DO THEY DO IT?
4. They follow you
5. The harder you swat, the more persistent they become
6. This is a Daddy Long Legs up close
Is it on me? I feel like it’s on me.
7. If there’s a Daddy Long Legs in your room, there are loads of other things in your room