HERE, WITHOUT further ado, are the most quintessentially Irish items published in our nation’s newspapers in 2013.
We present them in reverse order.
13. This disturbing close call with a jumper
12. This frightening warning
11. This unimprovable sunny-weather headline
10. This nice family portrait of the Obamas
9. This computer repairman in the ‘clairvoyants’ section
8. This terrifying photo/headline juxtaposition
7. This unfortunate mishap
6. This disturbing tale
(Which later turned out to be a hoax.)
5. This important incident
4. This encouragement from the Health Minister
3. This advert for a ‘priest-owned’ sofa set
2. This wonderfully innocent title layout
Which went viral worldwide in November.
1. And this unbeatable coverage of the royal baby.