1. Going to the shop to pick up a life-saving breakfast roll/chicken fillet roll when your partner is absolutely hanging
And delivering it to you as you lie on your deathbed.
2. Offering to go out and investigate The Big Noise in the middle of the night
You, tentatively: “I’ll go out…?”
Your partner: “No, I’ll do it.”
You: “OH THANK GOD.”
3. Being a selfless martyr and letting your partner have the last Viscount biscuit/chip/slice of pizza
4. Turning on the immersion for your partner…
5. And not scolding them when they forget to turn it off
“I love you, so I’ll let this one slide.”
6. When your boyfriend or girlfriend picks you up after a night on the town
And you babble away in the front seat and they quietly endure it with the patience of a saint.
7. Being the one to run out to retrieve the clothes off the washing line when it starts lashing
It’s the little things, you see.
8. Offering your partner your jacket when it’s 2.30am on Camden Street and they’re bloody freezing
Who said chivalry was dead?
9. Hurling insults like “sap”, “numpty” and “geebag” at each other
And knowing it’s tinged with love and affection.
10. Uttering the words, “I’ll put on the kettle” when you arrive home after a long day in work
DailyEdge is on Snapchat! Tap the button below to add!