THE LEGO MOVIE opened in cinemas in the US over the weekend, and now the internet won’t shut up about it.
Why? Let us tell you.
1. It did really well at the box office
The film took in $69 million over the weekend, the second largest February debut in history, after The Passion of the Christ in 2004.
2. It has a really great cast
Will Ferrell, Elizabeth Banks, Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman and Jonah Hill are just some of the people who feature in this film.Source: MOVIES Coming Soon
3. It features the catchy song ‘Everything is Awesome’Source: VISO Trailers
4. A clever marketing campaign
Over the weekend it took over an ad break on ITV which included Lego versions of Lenny Henry and Vinny Jones.Source: Warner Bros. UK Trailers
4. The animation is coolSource: hollywoodstreams
5. Everybody loves Lego
Everyone’s just relieved it’s not rubbish!
The film opens here on Friday.