ONE OF THE family: That’s the phrase many pet owners would use to describe their furry friends.
There’s just something about these animals that brings out our maternal and paternal sides, with some going as far as to call their pets their children.
Most don’t see it coming, and before they know it they’ve gone from dog/cat admirer to devotee, finding more comfort and support in their furry friends than they do in their own social circles.
Sure wouldn’t you take them to the vet at the slightest sign of a sniffle but put off going to the doctor yourself because you’ll ‘be grand’?
Here are the signs to look out for if you suspect you might think your pet is more important than a human:
1. You feed them better quality food than you feed yourself.
2. The photo gallery on your phone looks a little something like this:
3. And your Instagram account ain’t that much better.
4. It’s a similar story when it comes to Facebook and Twitter.
5. In fact, you post so frequently that you’ve just created a Facebook profile for them.
6. And may have set up YouTube channel too.
7. They have their own furniture in your house.
8. An extensive assortment of toys.
9. And more accessories than you even know what to do with.
10. Your bed is their bed.
11. They’re your desktop background.
12. And you MUST Skype or speak to them on the phone while you’re abroad.
13. You’ve made a conscious decision NEVER ever to watch Marley & Me. The name alone makes you bawl.
14. Can’t cope with disaster films featuring pets that may or may not survive.
I Am Legend?
Tuner and Hooch?
15. And bawl every time you watch Homeward Bound.
Even your pets know how emotional the experience can be.Source: Anything Animal Related
And all because you love your little friends far too much to imagine life without ‘em.