AT FIRST IT was cute. Dónal from the Vodafone ad rescued adorable Sue the Pig from an undeniably grim fate at the pig farm, endearing him to the nation.
But then Dónal got a girlfriend, and the endearment turned to concern. And annoyance.
1. Dónal is definitely using Sue to pick up girls
“Would you like to take a seat in the… Oh would you look, my tiny adorable pet pig! What a charming surprise!”
2. He’s blatantly too old for Mary
Mary doesn’t look a day over 25. Dónal, on the other hand…
3. And the woman who was cast as his mam could conceivably be his wife
You can’t pull that Hollywood casting trick in Ireland, Vodafone old pal.
4. The pair of them are moving WAY too fast
You could barely decide if you wanted to keep a pig two weeks ago, dude. Now you’re introducing this gal to your family?
5. And we have no doubt that Sue wants out
She was having a fine life and getting plenty of custard creams before Mary came along.
6. But at least they’ll never be as bad as these two
“Steve and Rachel.” “Rachel and Steve.”
Flames. Flames on the side of my face.
7. Basically, the whole country has forgotten that they don’t actually know Dónal and Mary
But look, we wish them well all the same.
DailyEdge is on Snapchat! Tap the button below to add!