Dublin: 12 °C Friday 25 September, 2020
Advertisement

Charlie Sheen suing Warner Bros for $100m

“Torpedo away…” Troubled actor seeks damages from studio and sitcom’s executive producer after being fired.

Image: LANDOV/Press Association Images

CHARLIE SHEEN HAS FILED A $100m lawsuit against the Warner Bros studio and the executive producer of the show Two and a Half Men.

Warner Bros had suspended the show’s production two weeks ago to allow its troubled star time to seek therapy, before firing him earlier this week.

Sheen had verbally attacked its executive producer and creator Chuck Lorre and refused to get help for alleged alcohol and drug problems.

Sheen’s lawsuit alleges that the studio cowed to Lorre’s wishes to punish Sheen. It also claims Lorre and Warner Bros conspired to blame Sheen for halting production on the series, and says Lorre refused to provide scripts for the show when Sheen returned to work in mid-February.

Entertainment Weekly says the lawsuit claims Warner Bros signed Sheen up to more series of the show even though he was dealing with substance abuse problems and facing felony charges:

Warner Bros understood that Mr Sheen suffered from alleged physical and mental disabilities … none of these resulted in Warner Bros suspending Mr Sheen. What did?”

The AP reports that the lawsuit has also been filed on behalf of the show’s crew, which has been out of work due to the sitcom’s cancellation.

The angered actor tweeted this evening:

Torpedo away… You corporate Trolls were warned. And now you’ve been served!

Sheen became television’s highest-paid actor for his role in the TV series, earning $2m per episode. After the show was suspended, Sheen claimed he would not return to the production for less than $3m an episode.

Fancy working with Charlie Sheen? He’s currently seeking an intern with ‘Tigerblood’>

- Includes reporting from the AP

Read next:

COMMENTS