This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 17 °C Tuesday 25 June, 2019
Advertisement

Gary Barlow announces loss of baby daughter

The Take That singer and his wife released a statement saying their daughter was stillborn, and asking for privacy.

Barlow pictured last year
Barlow pictured last year
Image: Ian West/PA Wire/Press Association Images

TAKE THAT SINGER Gary Barlow and his wife Dawn say their daughter was stillborn, and are asking for privacy.

In a statement released yesterday, the couple said they were devastated by the loss of Poppy Barlow, who was delivered stillborn on Saturday.

They said their focus is “on giving her a beautiful funeral and loving our three children with all our hearts.”

They also said, “We’d ask at this painful time that our privacy be respected.”

The couple have a son and two daughters.

Barlow, a judge on The X Factor as well as a singer in the long-running boy band, was anorganiser of June’s huge Buckingham Palace concert celebrating Queen Elizabeth II’s Diamond Jubilee.

Take That had been rumoured to be among the acts performing at the closing ceremony of the London Olympics on Sunday.

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

About the author:

Associated Press

Read next:

COMMENTS (14)