TOMORROW, THOUSANDS OF youngsters will sit down to face one of the most daunting fortnights of their lives. We are, of course, talking about the Leaving Cert.
The majority of this year’s crop of students were born in 1998/1999. (Gulp.) But what was the world like back then?
Let’s take a step back in time, shall we?
1. People were going to the cinema in their droves to watch this…
2. And busy roaring, “Don’t wanna close my eyes, I don’t wanna fall asleep…”
‘Cause I’d miss you, baby. And I don’t wanna miss a thing.
3. Ireland was getting to grips with there being *another* Irish channel on the airwaves
4. We were tuning in to 2Phat every week to watch Velcro Girl’s exploits
5. And left gobsmacked when Tiffany Mitchell was hit by a car
TIFFANY! GRANT! PHIL!
6. Gwyneth’s tears and pink dress were the talk of the 1998 Oscars
7. This was the game of choice
8. And this is what Google looked like
Just imagine, kids: ‘Google’ wasn’t even a verb yet.
9. The Tour de France left, er, France and came to Ireland instead
10. And Dario G’s Carnaval de Paris was the biggest banger going
Admit it: we’ll all be singing it if Ireland manage to win a match in Euro 2016.Source: RHINO/YouTube
11. This was the coolest video around
It made you felt like you just got home, didn’t it?
12. The nation was *scandalised* by Miley and Fidelma’s antics in the hay
13. This lad was busy maintaining that he did not have sexual relations with that woman
14. People weren’t able to sleep because of this
15. Four Irish girls dressed head to toe in denim were busy taking over the world
16. And finally, this music stopped being an integral part of every Irish person’s morning routine…Source: radioman02/YouTube
DailyEdge is on Snapchat! Tap the button below to add!