Advertisement
Dublin: 14 °C Friday 12 April, 2024
Lips. Just a file photo, nothing to see here. Lindspetrol via Flickr
Sticky Situation

Woman accidentally superglues lips together

She mistook superglue for cold sore cream.

A WOMAN HAS been released from hospital after accidentally supergluing her lips together.

The 64-year-old in Dunedin, New Zealand mistook superglue for cold sore cream after fumbling through a cupboard in the middle of the night.

She called emergency services, but was unable to speak. Police sergeant Steve Aitken told the Otago Daily Times she “sounded gagged” and “could only grunt”.

The woman was looking for cold sore cream after feeling a “tingling” on her lips, she told New Zealand broadcaster TV3.

I have all my ointments in a tray in the cupboard, so I get out of bed and I dived into the tray and I couldn’t smell it because I was blocked up. And then I got into bed and thought, ‘what have I put on my mouth?’.

She called emergency services, but could not speak. To find her location, police had to list neighbourhoods and streets in Dunedin while she tapped the phone ‘yes’ or ‘no’.

The glue was eventually removed using paraffin oil.

In 2010, a woman in Arizona had to attend hospital after mistaking superglue for eye drops.

Injured dad tells the best story about women ever>

This new version of The Lion King is so, so wrong>

Your Voice
Readers Comments
34
    Submit a report
    Please help us understand how this comment violates our community guidelines.
    Thank you for the feedback
    Your feedback has been sent to our team for review.