Thursday 9 July, 2026

Louis Walsh 'won't rest until he receives vindication'

Music guru says gardaí have confirmed they are no longer investigating allegations against him.

Louis Walsh
Louis Walsh
Image: Ian West/PA Wire/Press Association Images

MUSIC MANAGER LOUIS Walsh has confirmed that gardaí are no longer investigating allegations made against him.

In a statement today he said he is “outraged” at the allegations, which emerged last week – and that he won’t rest until he is vindicated.

A man withdrew his claims today against Walsh.

The allegations were first reported in The Sun last week.

In a statement released today, Walsh said:

I have been informed by An Garda Síochána that I am now no longer under investigation.  I have robustly maintained from the outset that this alleged incident did not occur.  While I obviously welcome today’s confirmation from the Garda that the matter has been dropped I remain outraged that this story ran in the first place in The Sun and I have instructed my libel lawyer to vigorously pursue legal action against the paper and they will also be taking action in relation to a number of other equally serious related matters.

He said that he is not going to let the incident rest until “I have received total and absolute vindication”.

This has been a hugely distressing time for me but I would like to thank all my friends and colleagues for their support and I am now just looking forward to getting back to work.

Read next:

COMMENTS (26)