This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 22 °C Monday 15 July, 2019
Advertisement

No Slane event this year, says Lord Henry

Slane Castle owner says 2013 “will be busy”.

Lord Henry Mountcharles poses with the Phil Lynott statue in Dublin.
Lord Henry Mountcharles poses with the Phil Lynott statue in Dublin.
Image: Niall Carson/PA Wire

THE ORGANISER OF the Slane music festival says that there will not be an event at the castle this year.

A message posted on Facebook this morning said: “Good morning guys, Lord Henry has announced this morning “there will be no Slane this year, but 2013 will be busy”.

Last year’s event was headlined by Kings of Leon and featured Elbow, Thin Lizzy and Mona among the support acts.

The venue has been running a summer concert for 30 years – though not each year – and has hosted acts including U2, Queen, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

Read next:

COMMENTS (18)