OVER THE PAST three months, rapper Cardi B has shocked fans – firstly in April with the news that she was 6 months preggo, and then in June when she announced that her and boyfriend Offset were husband and wife since last year.
Explaining her reasons for keeping mum about her wedding and baby, she said:
This why i name my album “Invasion of privacy” cause people will do the most to be nosey about your life.
Then yesterday, she announced via instagram, that she had given birth.
The caption of the photo revealed her baby girl’s name: Kulture Kiari Cephus.
So it seems inspiration from album titles are a huge part of Cardi’s life, given that Offset is one-third of the band Migos whose most recent albums were Culture and Culture II.
1. Fans thought it was an inspired choice
2. But some were left scratching their head
3. People were quick to point out that Kulture’s name would slot right into the fam
4. Offset’s Mum’s name is Latabia, so mainstream names like Rachel were not gunna cut it
5. But others did not have time for the name
6. Other thought that Kris Jenner would be mad as hell
7. The cheek of Cardi B
8. Really a unanimous agreement that the Kardashians would be krying
9. Kulture doesn’t seem so bad compared to Jamie Oliver’s kids
The full list is
- Petal Blossom Rainbow
- Buddy Bear Maurice
- Daisy Boo Pamela
- Poppy Honey Rosie
- River Rocket Blue Dallas
10. But there’s no denying it is unusual
11. But Americans in general are a bit shite at names
12. The final reaction of the day belongs to Cardi B herself
Kulture (because) anything else would have been basic. Okrrrrrrruuu!
DailyEdge is on Instagram!