EVERYONE CAN CELEBRATE St Patrick’s Day however they want, it’s a global holiday at this stage – and Americans specifically take to it with an admirable gusto.
But we, as nation, are still allowed to call out things that seem a little ~off~:
1. Like when Nike released a pair of “black and tan” runners to mark the occasion
It was supposed to be based on the drink (Guinness and Harp) but it actually came across like an ode to the infamous British security force during the War of Independence. They swiftly apologised.
2. There’s a certain type of Paddy’s Day tshirt that might be in poor taste – and then there are those that make ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE AT ALL
3. *thinking face*
4. Also, we need to have a long talk about St Panty’s Day
5. And while we’re there, we’ll give you the annual reminder about the widespread use of “Patty’s”
Dublin Airport has even rowed in behind the campaign.
6. The four leaf clover instead of the shamrock pops up way too often
7. Let’s not forget the special recipes for the big day – like “Irish coddle pizza”
8. And this four leaf clover cookie
9. This ad sums many Paddy’s Day issues up in one fell swoop
10. ‘Tis the season
DailyEdge is on Snapchat! Tap the button below to add!