LAST MONTH, NEWS came through that season three of First Dates Ireland has been completed and we “don’t have to wait too much longer” for them to arrive on our screens.
People might say they watch it for the romance and the laughs… but when it boils down to it, we’re here primarily for the pure, distilled awkwardness on show.
And there has been so much of that.
1. Remember when this woman had lived in Ireland for 18 months and thought Dublin was in the North
2. Any mention of awkwardness on First Dates has to include this moment from the very first episode. The origin story of First Dates Ireland, if you willSource: RTÉ2/YouTube
3. That time a joke about a golf ball just didn’t land
4. Who could forget *that* sexist deli moment
5. And this emergency Whatsapp halfway through a date
6. That time a guard didn’t seem too happy about how his date referred to his “little garda car”Source: RTÉ2/YouTube
7. This compilation of silent elevator rides is hard to watch
8. Watch the reaction to this magic trick
9. And bask in the glory of someone asking to order off the kids menuSource: RTÉ2/YouTube
10. When this guy couldn’t remember his date’s name… at the end of the mealSource: RTÉ2/YouTube
11. In fact, it happened quite a bitSource: RTÉ2/YouTube
12. There was the time this lad’s card was declined
13. “What the HELL is this? Is that real?” – a completely normal way to ask someone about their tattooSource: RTÉ2/YouTube
14. The deepest burn in First Dates Ireland history
15. The kind of show where Youghal can be pronounced “Yoogle”
Come back soon, First Dates. We’ve missed you.
DailyEdge is on Instagram!