1. The Leaving Cert institution that is Cáca Milis taught us everything we know about train etiquette
2. Don’t rustle your bag loudly, have your feet touching underneath the table or annoy fellow passengers with inane chatter for the whole journey
3. Any time we’ve seen a piece of pink cake since it’s sent a shiver down our spine
Worse if it comes out of a crumpled brown paper bag.
4. People have experienced Cáca Milis in real life (without the ending, probably)
5. For anyone with asthma, it had its relatable moments
6. And the same for anyone who gets one of those awful winter coughs
Just get a slice of cake and cosplay as Pól.
7. We’ll never forget the sense of sheer frustration when Catherine watched him scoffing down that poxy cake
8. Seared into our souls
*tries not to get sick in class*
9. Catherine lied to him about the worm on his cake and the surrounding areas for no reason at all
“This seems unnecessary.”
10. She also killed him for eating cake and breathing loudly
Lies are bad, but murder? Ah now.
11. In amongst all the Gaeilge poems, literature and verbs Cáca Milis is the kind of thing that would haunt your nightmares
12. Pól and his inhaler struggles just stay with you
13. The whole way through you think she’s going to stop and then at the end SHE JUST WALKS AWAY
Heartwarming? Redemption? Nah.
14. You can say Cáca Milis to anyone who’s done the Leaving and they’ll relive the terror
15. The flashbacks are real
DailyEdge is on Snapchat! Tap the button below to add!