DO YOU LOVE the internet?
OK, let’s be fair. We all love the internet, at least some of the time. But if you have a deep and intimate relationship with it, and understand the social web, and are a good writer with a genuine love of pop culture… then we want to hear from you.
DailyEdge.ie is growing, and we’re hiring an intern to join our team. On a paid placement of four to six months – starting in January – you will be helping to write articles, pitching creative and original ideas and contributing to our coverage of the things that make people’s lives a little more interesting: from the Toy Show, to Twitter, to where to get the best pint of the black stuff.
Also, you’ll be enjoying yourself.
You will need
- A degree in journalism or equivalent experience
- A genuine love for the things we cover
- Work experience in the media is an advantage
- Reporting to the editor and working as part of a team, you’ll be helping to generate original articles on DailyEdge.ie as well as bringing fresh ideas and a creative approach
- You’ll be part of the editorial voice of DailyEdge.ie, giving an offbeat take on the wide range of subjects we cover
- You’ll research, capture and edit images and video to support this
Other key requirements
- Familiarity (borderline obsession is a plus) with internet culture, social media, and finding those little nuggets of information that make people’s lives more fun.
- Passionate about the world around you, with an interest in current affairs and an eye for their lighter side
- Able to work to deadlines, with excellent attention to detail
To apply for this position please forward us your CV, a brief cover letter explaining why you want to work for us, and an original sample article (not something that’s been published elsewhere) which you feel is suitable for DailyEdge.ie.
The sample article can take any shape you feel would fit on our site. It shouldn’t be more than 200 words long. Use images, video, audio or social media content as appropriate. It will not be published; however, we will read it carefully without being distracted by Twitter even once.
Please send all applications to email@example.com, using your name in the filenames of any attachments. (This helps us keep track of applications.) The closing date for applications is Friday, 21 November 2014.