HOZIER’S BREAKOUT HIT Take Me To Church has been named the most viral track of 2014 by music streaming service Spotify.
The tune – which first made waves in this country in September 2013 with a powerful anti-homophobia video – was singled out in Spotify’s annual Year In Music analysis looking at listening trends over the past 12 months.
Take Me To Church was also the #3 most-played song on Spotify in Ireland in 2014, and one of the 100 most-streamed tracks on the music service globally.Source: HozierMusic/YouTube
Worldwide, the most played track of 2014 was Happy by Pharrell, followed by Clean Bandit’s Rather Be and Summer by Calvin Harris.
Ed Sheeran claimed the titles of the world’s most streamed artist this year, with more than 860 million listens around the world. His album X was also the most-listened-to of the last 12 months.
Coldplay claimed top spot in the ‘groups’ category.
Here’s the top 10 most played tracks:
1. Pharrell – HappySource: iamOTHER/YouTube
2. Clean Bandit – Rather BeSource: Clean Bandit/YouTube
3. Calvin Harris – SummerSource: CalvinHarrisVEVO/YouTube
4. Katy Perry – Dark HouseSource: KatyPerryVEVO/YouTube
5. John Legend – All Of MeSource: johnlegendVEVO/YouTube
6. Pitbull – TimberSource: PitbullVEVO/YouTube
7. Magic – RudeSource: ournameismagicVEVO/YouTube
8. Mr Probz – WavesSource: mrprobzVEVO/YouTube
9. Ariana Grande – ProblemSource: ArianaGrandeVevo/YouTube
10. One Republic – Counting StarsSource: OneRepublicVEVO/YouTube