THE MANIA SURROUNDING Ed Sheeran’s seven sold-out Irish gigs today is absolutely no surprise.
It’s simple: 2017 Ireland is now officially obsessed with Ed Sheeran and there is only one cure. Witty asides:
1. Nancy Mulligan has shown us his diplomacy skills – much needed in 2017
2. “Let’s just have a quick glance at the Irish cha… oh”
3. You can rework his lyrics for modern day Ireland
4. And it’s become an alternative anthem
5. Because reasons
6. Let’s just break down the maths for one second
7. He’s playing the long game on this one
8. Fair enough, Galway Girl wasn’t the most realistic song about Ireland
9. And we do Galway Girl hyperbole very well
10. Very, very well
11. Eventually, the nation (kind of) came round
12. For those who have been avoiding it, good luck with that
13. You are never more than 12 feet from a radio playing Ed Sheeran
14. Tourists have caught the virus
15. They can’t avoid it in fairness
16. We’re bascially now musical Disneyland for visiting Ed Sheeran fans
17. As a nation, we have an eclectic taste in music
18. His new album is just this:
19. This question is coming, so be prepared
Ireland and Ed, tied together forever and ever from now on.
DailyEdge is on Snapchat! Tap the button below to add!