1. You chose Geography despite not being 100% sure which counties bordered your own county
Sure we’re you there to find out? You’d pick it up as you went along.
2. You soon realised that the course was about ten miles long and incredibly boring
More learning than anyone could reasonably be comfortable with. Less learning, please!
3. You had a favourite cloud formation
Maybe you still have one. Oh beautiful cirrus clouds, how we love you!
4. And a head full of Single Relevant Points
Prepare your marking pen, examiner, because I’m about to spit straight fire in this essay right here.
5. You were no artist, but you could draw a mean map
And a lovely legend to go along with it, of course.
6. And there was no one more knowledgeable about river erosion than you
Oh man, those interlocking spurs. And don’t you just love an oxbow lake?
7. You definitely mortified yourself on a field trip investigation
Maybe you stood knee-deep in a river with a ranging pole. Maybe you threw oranges and lemons into the sea to test how longshore drift works. Whatever it was, it was ridiculous.
8. You were proud of knowing a clint from a grike and which way a stalagmite went
If only talk of Karst landscapes came up more often in adult conversation! How wonderful that would be!
9. But you’ve never talked more bullshit than you did in questions about population diversity and economic processes
Why is population diversity good? Er… More interesting surnames? Yes. The surnames.
10. Eventually you came to like Geography. Maybe you were even good at it
You felt extremely capable when you were discussing the ins and outs of plate tectonics. This was knowledge you could use!
11. It all came crashing down when you Geography and Maths Paper 1 were on the same day
JESUS CHRIST GEOGRAPHY. YOU WILL RUIN ME.
12. But you know deep in your heart that you could still spot a sedimentary rock from a mile away
Studying rocks.... How interesting (not)😒 #geography #leavingcertgeography #leavingcert #higherlevel #rocks #hateschool #test #exam #5thyear #secondaryschool #ireland #eww #worsttopic #killme #hateit #boring #lfl #f4f #like #follow #likeforlike #followforfollow #followme #tagsforlikes #instabored #teen #teenager
All those facts still tucked up in your brain! You’d bring a tear of pride to a Geography teacher’s eye.
DailyEdge is on Snapchat! Tap the button below to add!