This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 15 °C Thursday 18 July, 2019
Advertisement

Minster FM urges Roxanne Pallett to seek help as she steps down from radio show

‘Roxanne will not be returning to Minster FM.’

LESS THAN 24 hours after her interview with Celebrity Big Brother presenter Emma Willis, Roxanne Pallett has said goodbye to her job as radio co-host on Minster FM.

Celebrity Big Brother Launch Night 2018 - London Source: Ian West

The actress, who falsely accused a fellow Celebrity Big Brother contestant of assault during her time on the reality television show, attempted to explain her actions during two high-profile interviews yesterday.

However, the 35-year-old’s justifications did little to convince the public that she was truly sorry for the anguish she had caused Ryan Thomas.

Roxanne Pallett crash Source: Matt Crossick

Following calls for her dismissal, Minster FM took to Twitter this afternoon to announce that the radio station would be issuing a statement on the matter live on air at 4pm.

Shortly thereafter, it was confirmed that Roxanne, who had hosted Breakfast with Ben & Roxy since February, would be parting company with the station.

As a result of discussions today with her representatives, Minster FM can confirm that Roxanne Pallett has stepped down from her position at the station with immediate effect to take some time out and reflect on recent events. Roxanne will not be returning to Minster FM.

The show’s Twitter page was immediately deactivated following the announcement, but social media users wasted no time sharing their support of the decision.


Bridget David, the radio station’s MD, thanked listeners for their patience, and stressed that the events which unfolded inside the Celebrity Big Brother house over the course of the last week made for a strained relationship between the station and the public.

First of all, I would like to thank the listeners and our customers for their patience earlier today. It’s been alien for us not to be able to communicate with them honestly. It’s been very difficult not to tell them whats been going on in here at the station.

Highlighting the complexity of the situation, she continued:

As you know, Roxanne was inside the Big Brother house and was uncontactable until today and because we’ve been unable to speak to her today, we haven’t been able to issue a statement.

Bridget confirmed that Roxanne would no longer be working with the station, and hoped that the actress would take time to reflect on the events of recent days and the implications born of them.

Wishing her well, Bridget said:

However, following a meeting this morning, we can confirm Roxanne will not be returning to Minster FM and as she said to Emma [Willis] last night on the interview on Channel 5, she was going to go and take some time out to reflect and address some issues. So we hope that goes well for her and she gets the help and support she needs.

Roxanne left the Celebrity Big Brother house of her own volition on Friday night. 

DailyEdge is on Instagram!


 

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

About the author:

Read next:

COMMENTS

This is YOUR comments community. Stay civil, stay constructive, stay on topic. Please familiarise yourself with our comments policy here before taking part.
write a comment

    Leave a commentcancel