I ONCE PUNCHED myself in the face while changing my bed sheets so I know all too well how it easy it is to injure yourself while carrying out the most mundane of tasks.
And if Twitter is anything to go by, I’m not the only one who has learned this the hard way.
Reaching out to her followers, writer, Eleanor Penny, told them that their ‘personal brand’ hinged on the most stupid way they’ve injured themselves.
Your personal brand is the most stupid way in which you’ve accidentally injured yourself.— Eleanor Penny (@eleanorkpenny) August 15, 2018
And in no time at all, people were only dying to share their ‘personal brand’ with the wider world.
Look, we’ll be honest here, we’ve been loving every second of it.
Here are just a few of our favourites.
Knocked part my tooth out whilst doing the arm thing during Old Lang Syne— Nelly Funk (@asnelson100) August 15, 2018
Punched myself in the face reading a book.— Beyond Chocolate (@beyondchoc) August 15, 2018
I threw my back out once, by sneezing too hard.— The Bad Kitty (@badkitty1310) August 16, 2018
I, however, set my ass on fire by wearing a pleather skirt and backing up to some candles while drinking wine and trying to read my friend's tarot cards— Meghan O'Dea (@themeghanodea) August 16, 2018
Went to A&E after laughing too hard— Joel Blackledge (disambiguation) (@TheGreatDamfino) August 15, 2018
Oh no wait, when I was four I tried to sharpen my finger— elon_gated_musk_et (@EmVersion7) August 15, 2018
I have a scar on my cheek from when I tried to dig a hole in my mattress to hide porn when I was 13 and the knife caught in the latex and rebounded into my face. Millimetres from my eye! Coulda gone into my brain!— Linda Shapcott (@h00py67) August 15, 2018
concussed by the support arm of awning I was rolling up while closing during a summer job at a store called “cheese secrets”— neville southall in exile (@raaleh) August 15, 2018
Mine's unbelievably stupid. I put my laptop on top of a high bathroom cupboard while listening to a podcast with headphones in & shaving. I moved, which pulled the laptop down off the shelf and onto my head. Laptop miraculously undamaged, though I had to clean blood off my webcam— spice farce commando (@johnupdog) August 15, 2018
Cycled home drunk through a graveyard at night. Fell asleep on bike. Hit a tombstone and cane flying off. Got back on, cycled home and fell asleep again. Woke up next morning with wrist wrong way around.— Jack Davy (@jackyd1001) August 15, 2018
Poked myself in the eye while pushing my glasses up with the sudoku book.— Michael McKean (@MJMcKean) August 15, 2018
Put one oven glove on, opened oven with said gloved hand, reached into oven with other hand..— Brian O'Keefe (@rider45) August 15, 2018
6 years old. Ran down the hall holding a little American flag on a dowel, tripped and fell, split the roof of my mouth open with the dowel. Literally impaled by excessive patriotism.— Michelle W. (@michelleinchief) August 15, 2018
Eleanor, thank you for bringing these incidents to our attention.
DailyEdge is on Instagram!