This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 12 °C Thursday 27 June, 2019
Advertisement

There won't be a concert at Slane this year and Twitter blames Garth Brooks

There’ll be no big gig at the castle this year.

SAY IT AIN’T so music fans. Say it ain’t so.

Slane Castle will not be hosting a concert this summer.

We repeat, there will be NO gig at Slane in 2014.

That’s the official line coming from the main man himself anyway.

Lord Henry Mountcharles made the announcement earlier this afternoon and the news spread quickly through the Castle’s Facebook and Twitter account.

“I never do a show in Slane unless I have an act that I feel is right for the venue. There wasn’t anything available this year that grabbed my imagination”, he told FM 104.

That doesn’t mean that I’m not looking very actively at 2015. I have done this before, the act’s got to be right for the show to be right.

The internet was absolutely devastated to learn that there would be no musical pilgrimage to the Royal County, and immediately came up with it’s own theories about why the show would NOT go on.

SlaneGarth2

SlaneGarth

Meanwhile others were too busy lamenting their musical loss to worry about country music stars.

Slane1

While others could see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Well now, tell us, are you delighted or disappointed?

Louise McSharry to replace Dave Fanning in RTE 2fm evening slot>

Colin Farrell says his young fella is an absolute stud… it’s The Dredge>

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

About the author:

Read next:

COMMENTS (16)