IRELAND DIDN’T MAKE it to this year’s World Cup, but by God, are we invested in this tournament.
Many of us support every team that goes up against England as if it were Ireland, and as England advance in the competition, our investment in each of their rivals is growing immensely. On Monday night, people in pubs across Ireland were acting as if they were born and reared in Colombia, and yesterday afternoon we were massive fans of IKEA.
The feeling isn’t just shared in pubs, but on Twitter too. Here’s a roundup of some of the tweets that sum up how most of the country feels about England’s progress in the World Cup, so far.
2. If we have to hear “football’s coming home” once more…
If the video won’t play, click here.
3. There’s a real moral dilemma about the whole France situation at the moment.
5. Even the animals in Ireland are beginning to act out.
6. It’s Michael Collins joke after Michael Collins joke, to be honest.
8. All of those penalty shootouts…
9. Please. No more songs.
20. But sure look. Wouldn’t it only be funnier to see them lose in the final after all of this?
DailyEdge is on Instagram!