DailyEdge.ie rounds up the TV shows that you’ll be tweeting about tonight and talking about tomorrow.
Concussion (RTÉ2, 9.15pm)
The sports drama based on the struggle of Dr. Bennet Omalu who attempted to expose the risk of brain damage that American football players faced. Dr. Omalu was working as a forensic pathologist in Pennsylvania, when he was performing an autopsy on former Pittsburg Steelers star Mike Webster, who died as a result of repeated head injuries. Omalu published a medical journal detailing his findings, and suddenly, several very powerful organisations made attempts to silence him. Stars Will Smith, Alec Baldwin and Albert Brooks.
Final Days of Anne Frank (RTÉ2, 8.20pm)
A documentary looking at Anne Frank’s famous diary which came to an end on the 1st of August 1944, shortly before she and the people she lived with were arrested. The diary managed to survive the war, and was famously published by her father, Otto.
All Round to Mrs. Brown’s (RTÉ One, 9.15pm)
The Saturday night chat show continues tonight. Brendan O’Carroll has a chat with Spice Girls star Geri Horner, actor Nigel Havers, TV presenter Gloria Hunniford and UB40 while wearing in the role of Agnes Brown.
Everybody’s talking about… Love Island
Things are going horribly for Kendall. Here’s a rundown of everything that happened, but be warned, as there’s obviously spoilers.
Or flick over for…
- Come Together: The Rise of the Festival (Sky Arts, 9pm) A look at the evolution of the music festival from Newport, Woodstock and Isle of Wight to Glastonbury and Coachella.
- The World’s Wildest Weather (Channel 4, 7.10pm) Documentary featuring some of the world’s wildest weather events from avalanches to cyclones.
- Warm Bodies (TG4, 9.30pm) A zombie movie, where a zombie falls in love with his victim’s girlfriend and begins to regain human feelings.
- Germaine Bloody Greer (BBC Two, 9pm) A profile of the writer and academic, and some of her very controversial views on topics like the #MeToo movement.
- Reeling in the Years (RTÉ, 6.35pm) A look back at everything that happened in Ireland in 2003.
DailyEdge is on Instagram!