THE SMALL CITY of Lisburn in Northern Ireland was rocked to its very core last night, when a Facebook post from a local vet went super viral locally.
But it turned out to just be a daughter trying to play a prank on her mam with a loose skin that had been shed by a tarantula.
Advance Veterinary Care were sent two images of the skin that was found on a garden path
They quickly posted a warning message on Facebook that included the back story of where the skin was found and the potential dangers of a rogue tarantula:
A lady was brushing her garden path today when she came across this. It looks like a tarantula has shed its skin. Please be careful if you come across the spider as they can fire hairs, when they feel threatened, which can cause pain and discomfort if they enter the eyes, nose and mouth area.
The post quickly went viral – it currently has over 1500 shares – through locals worried that a real one was on the loose
But the girl who brought it home to scare her mam had accidentally dropped it on the garden path – and then it all blew up from there.
She messaged the vet to tell them not to be worrying
DailyEdge.ie contacted the vets and they confirmed that the pictures did cause some commotion but that everything worked out in the end – which they confirmed on their Facebook page:
Everyone can put their minds at ease. A picture of the healthy tarantula was also sent. It is safe and well.
So we’ll just file this away under the category of ‘when mam pranks go wrong’.
hat tip Her.ie
DailyEdge is on Snapchat! Tap the button below to add!