DON’T FIGHT IT. Colin the Caterpillar is the birthday cake to beat all else.
The delicious chocolate larvae turned 25 this month, and Marks and Spencers have announced that they are going to sell a limited edition Colin with a party hat and popping candy.
How else do you celebrate the birthday of the little guy who celebrates birthdays for a living?
But why is Colin the ultimate birthday cake?
1. He’s the go-to choice for all office birthdays
If you’ve worked in an office with a Marks and Spencer nearby, you better believe you’ll eat Colin at least four times a year.
2. He comes in many different sizes
For all levels of hunger.
3. He’s the perfect combination of white chocolate, milk chocolate, candy-coated chocolate, cream chocolate, chocolate sponge… mmm, chocolate.
It goes ridiculously well with prosecco.
4. He was made for slicing
Listen, slicing a circular cake is tricky and messy and just stop it. Colin can be sliced into perfect little swiss-roll bites and even gives the birthday boy or girl a bonus treat by topping theirs with the face.
5. Even when you’re hacking into him, he remains all happy and cute
6. Let’s face it, you don’t even need an excuse to enjoy Colin
Hands up who’s bought Colin on offer and then ate the whole thing?
7. Accept no impersonations
There is only one Colin, and this aint him.