Advertisement
Dublin: 13 °C Saturday 15 June, 2024
An evocative picture. MSVG

Some cows in Germany farted so much, their barn exploded

A nasty case of wind.

A HERD OF cows in Germany farted so much, there was a gas explosion in their barn.

The blast happened when methane released by the animals’ wind collected under the roof.

A static electric charge then sparked a detonation which almost lifted the roof off, according to police.

There was a “spurt of flame” from the incident at a farm in Rasdorf, Hesse, on Monday. One cow suffered light burns but there were no other injuries.

The roof of the barn was slightly damaged. Police said 90 cows are kept in the shed.

This promo video for Dublin’s Czech Inn is unintentionally hilarious>

Here’s what happens when you put beer on a hot frying pan>

Author
Associated Foreign Press
Your Voice
Readers Comments
6
    Submit a report
    Please help us understand how this comment violates our community guidelines.
    Thank you for the feedback
    Your feedback has been sent to our team for review.