1. Firstly, the sheer amount of Hollywood A-Listers spawned by Home and Away was a sign of pure soap quality
It’s not just Chris Hemsworth, remember Isla Fisher as Shannon?
And Naomi Watts, too:
That’s star quality.
2. And there’s never been a character as lovably Aussie as Alf Stewart
“Ya flamin’ mongrel!”
Better than Harold Bishop over on Neighbours, no doubt.
3. He’s so well loved in Ireland that he’s actually toured the country in the recent past
Hopefully there was a baaaarbie involved.
4. The best villain ever produced by an Aussie soap was Kane
Look at him there! SHAMELESS.
5. Home and Away did couples that looked like they were straight out of a pop group
Hayley and Noah <3:
Not forgetting Tasha and Robbie:
*walking onnn air*
6. The very fact that Home and Away was set on a beach provided it with epic story lines that Neighbours just couldn’t compete with
7. Which meant that there was a storm that ruined Summer Bay every year
Or a landslide.
8. But on the plus side everyone could work as a lifeguard down the surf club
Employment for all!
It gave us an after-school look into the glam side of Australian life. Neighbours? Not so much.
9. The list of iconic characters on Home and Away puts it in the TV hall of fame
And, of course, Sally:
10. Not to mention the theme song that’s still stuck in everyone’s head
11. And finally… the quality of guest appearances in Home and Away were up there with the best – like that time Atomic Kitten popped up
And even more recently, Ed Sheeran had a stroll on the beach too:
Closer each day… Home and Away <3
DailyEdge is on Snapchat! Tap the button below to add!